Thursday, January 13, 2011

getting into the flare

Back to the future I mean the 70s

I guess the latest trend in fashion is to rehash old trends. And, to my horror, the latest rehash is the flare leg. I thought I was forever done with the idea of the flare leg from junior high - back in my Dark Ages, pre fashion Renaissance - like the flare leg jeans. Then Renaissance and skinny jeans happened and I thought I was saying good riddance, but...

What did you say? Good riddance to who?

Suddenly I'm starting to have second thoughts. Maybe, just maybe these pants could be chic. Maybe....

 Covering up our feet with flared pants is the latest trend

This is like back when the clogs started trickling back. I make it sound like it was a long time ago, but I think it was last year. Maybe this time of the year, too. I groaned when I saw them hit the runways. But guess what I almost considered buying online yesterday? Yeah, that's right, clogs.

The clogs that started it all... Chanel, as usual

I think the key to any trend is to find the proper execution. Without the proper execution, anything has the potential to look like crap. I think, in that respect, it's really hard for me to dislike anything in fashion, as long as I can find a good execution of it. Call me an optimist, but I have faith in these trends. Viva le fashion!

Photo Credits: Vanessa Jackman blog for the first two, The Sartorialist, and Garance Dore (all blogs I adore)

No comments:

Post a Comment