Monday, January 17, 2011

art of dressing lazy

 Large knitwear sweaters, my lazy love

When it's freezing cold outside and you feel like hibernating for a few days in your nicely heated room, it's hard to feel motivated about getting clothed. I mean, why get dressed when you can just lay in bed, or better, lounge around in your fluffy bathrobe? I know it's tough for me. But I designate a section of my wardrobe to what I deem "lazy clothes." You know, stuff that you wouldn't mind lounging around the dorm in, looking casual and totally relaxed while still looking fashionably sensible.

Tres chic and tres easy

My favorite for the winter is the large, knitwear sweaters. You just need to wear a pair of leggings or tights to keep your legs warm (or not, if it's warm enough). I love this lazy outfit because it's straightforward and comfortable - when you're being lazy, comfort is top priority, and the loose, large knitwear sweaters are everything but tight and constricting (which is also why I don't wear jeans for these occasions... or that many occasions to be honest). Might I also say, j'adore that sweater pictured above, everything from the knit pattern to the red color..

Breezy, cool, relaxing, and great for laziness

When it's warmer, I also like to pull out the cropped, lighter sweaters (or shirts) and pair them with a pair of short-shorts.

Improvise with your favorite little brother sweater

But in the end, it's up to improvisation and experimentation with comfort. Vive la laziness!

P.S. I'll be doing an upcoming post on Milan menswear F/W '11! But it's so difficult picking pictures and not be biased about my favorite male models...

Photo Credits: Turned Out, Hanneli Mustaparta, Turned Out, Garance Dore

No comments:

Post a Comment